Sew our NEW! One-Seam Skirt from just one yard of knit fabric and a yard or so of 3″ elastic. Our skirt has no elastic casing and is so fast to make – you’ll be sewing this summer wardrobe staple – in 2 hours or less!
- Measure waist and cut Wide Knit Elastic 2″ shorter that waist measurement.
- Cut Crepe Knit skirt rectangle 36″ long, by the width waist measurement plus 6″.
- Using pins, quarter-mark elastic and skirt fabric.
- Place elastic to skirt top, right sides together, aligning edges and matching quarter-markings. Pin.
- Stretch elastic and secure with additional pins. Place pins parallel to cut edge–if you’ll be stitching with a serger.
- Serge or stitch elastic to skirt with 1/4″ seam allowance, or use the width of the presser foot. Stretch elastic as you sew.
- Place skirt right sides together and pin along side seam.
- Using 1/4″ seam allowance, stitch side seam with sewing machine or serger.
- Add a drop of Fray Block, and cut away excess thread tail.
- For exposed elastic at waist, skip the next step and move on to hemming.
- For hidden elastic at waist, fold elastic inside skirt with wrong sides together. Pin at side seam and at halfway marking (where a second side seam would usually be positioned).
- Topstitch along side seam, and halfway mark, securing elastic inside skirt.
- Shorten skirt if desired. Fold up 1″ along lower skirt and hem with hem stitch, wobble stitch, or double needle stitching.
Our NEW! One-Seam Skirt is fun to sew – and fast to make! Sew this new summer wardrobe addition – in 2 hours or less!
Shop NEW! Fabrics including 60 NEW! Riley Blake Shades at ShopNZP.com!
Shop Elastic, Cotton Webbing, Zippers & More at shopnzp.com
For a chance to be the random winner of a Schmetz Stretch Twin 4.o Double Sewing Machine Needle, please leave a comment below sharing your summer sewing plans. Nancy Zieman Productions will give away one 5-pack Schmetz Chrome Jersey/Ball Point Needles, Size 80/12 to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message – sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.